Saturday, April 2, 2011

BEDA 2: Angst, Stolen from Tumblr

(Preface: No, I have not already failed BEDA. I blog over at Raving Persuasions on Mondays and Fridays -- even though most of the people who find this blog will probably find it via Raving Persuasions, rendering this note redundant -- so the ne'er-ending chain of blogs shall not be broken.)

I have to go to church tomorrow with my parents so that we can visit my grandparents afterwards (it would be very much out of the way for my parents to go to church and then come back home and pick me up and go to my grandparents' apartment).

It's so awk because erryone's like "Praise Jesus!" and I'm like "Well I'm sure he was a nice person and everything, if he was real at all, but I really think that at best his stories are allegories and not actual facts and also, how can he be God and also the son of God? Have you heard yourself say that out loud? Have you? Because you don't make sense."

Except I don't actually say that because it's sort of a bitchy thing to do, especially when people are in their Jesus-praising element. Also, it's not nice to have people you've known since you were a wee thing judging you. But when I can't say what I want to say, all these criticisms start to roll around and around in my head until they're so tightly coiled up that I become a walking ball of angst.

I dunno, I'm more or less cool with Christianity and everything, but I think that very large and inescapable amounts of religion bring out the worst in me. It brings out the bitchy voice in my head, at least. Religion is one of those things that I prefer to respect from a reasonable distance so I can just ignore the parts that annoy me.

Awk awk awk.

P.S. I really apologize from copy + pasting from Tumblr (it's my own Tumblr, at least). I hate to do that, but I don't want to fail so early in the game and I have a ridiculous amount of work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment